Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer SPF 20




As summer is approaching, I wanted a new and lighter base for my makeup. What better time to try new products then on a visit to the beauty department from Selfridges.

My first stop was Armani cosmetics, here I tried the Luminessence CC cream, I loved the texture, there were also multiple colors available, which is a plus, but unfortunately it didn’t work away the redness I’m suffering from on my cheeks (not a lot, but still it’s there). Next stop Dior for their iconic Diorskin BB cream. Only 2 shades available. They started testing it on my skin and it did work away the redness, it was a “medium” coverage, but the color just didn’t suit me. And finally I bumped in to the Laura Mercier counter and fell in love with the award winning tinted moisturizer. It has an spf 20 in it, feels very gentle en soft on the skin, multiple colors available and buildable to medium coverage. (If you like more coverage you can always add a little bit of powder on top.) Very important to me is that it stays all day and it doensn't set in my fine lines. I choose to apply the tinted moisturizer with my beautyblender, but you can also apply it with a Kabuki brush or just your fingers. That's up to you! For girls with an oily skin, there is a non-oil variation of it, so it will suit each skin type.

Laura Mercier’s website says:
Laura created this product to give skin a healthy no-makeup look with a soft hint of colour that evens and enhances without hiding the skin. This award-winning tinted moisturizer can be used in place of foundation for a natural appearance while adding a healthy glow to the complexion. The lightweight formula provides ideal protection from the sun’s harmful, damaging rays with broad spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen.
Perfect for all skin types, including sensitive.

For those interested in the ingredients, here’s the list:
Active Ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate and Menthyl Anthranilate. Other Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.


 
I was matched the color "Porcelain", and I'm a MAC NW15. This tinted moisturizer gives my skin a dewy and healthy glow whilst using only the tiniest amount of product. I love it, it's that perfect helathy summer glow I was looking for.
 Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is a rather high end option, but then again you receive 50 ml of product. Other foundations, BB creams, CC creams, ... often only provide 30 ml.
 The tinted moisturizer retails at £34 at Selfridges or €48 at De Bijenkorf.
 What do you think of a tinted moisturizer? Have you ever used one?
 
XO S.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Facebook

 

 

 


Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.