Friday, 2 October 2015

Fitness Friday - Cauliflower pizza

I’m not going to bore you girls with another update where I’m explaining that I basically failed at kayla’s program. Oh well!

Instead I’m going to share a recipe! Last weekend I experimented with a Cauliflower pizza from my EVERYDAY DETOX cookbook by Detoxinista. It’s super easy and incredibly tasty. Ok it’s not the real deal, but with only 450 kcal it’s a very good alternative!

This recipe will make 1 large crust:

Ingredients:

900 grams of  frozen cauliflower florets, defrost them !
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon sea salt 

Directions:

ı. Preheat the oven to 200º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

2. In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, pulse the cauliflower florets several times, until a ricelike consistency is achieved. Pour the cauliflower into the center of a thin dish towel, then twist it up and use your hands to firmly wring out moisture. Quite a lot of liquid should be released, leaving you with a dry lump of cauliflower pulp. 

3. Place everything in a large mixing bowl and mix in the egg, oregano, basil, and salt, stirring well to create a uniform mixture. 


4. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the baking sheet and use your hands to press the crust firmly into a large circular or rectangular crust.


5. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is dry and golden. In the recipe the tell you to flip the crust and bake the other side for another 10 minutes, euhm well that didn’t work for me. I couldn’t flip my crust so I left it on the same side for 40 minutes. It turned out Ok.


6. To complete the pizza, add your favorite sauce and toppings and then bake for another ı0 minutes at 200º, until the topping are heated thoroughly. Slice and serve hot.


I topped my pizza with passata, red onion, bell peppers and a little bit of grated light cheese. As you can see in the picture my sides are slightly burned I tried the grill for the last couple of minutes => don’t do it J


Are you girls going to try this cauliflower pizza?

XO S.



Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.