Friday, 4 September 2015

Fitness Friday




After a relaxing holiday and almost no sports because of the heat I decided that I needed a change in my life. I wasn’t feeling happy with myself/my body so a change is in order! I faced the dreadfull scale and off course I had gained weight :-( no fun! Time to make some "drastic" changes in order to become happy again. After some browsing on the internet, I started with the BBG training by Kayla Itsines on the 31st of august 2015. To be extra motivated I’ll blog about my progress every Friday. If it helped me with #nobuyagust it might help me to get through these 12 weeks. :-)


What is BBG ?

BBG is a 12 week training program that you can do at home or at the gym combined with LISS and at the end HIIT sessions.

Week 1-4
  • 2 – 3 sessions resistance training (the BBG workouts)
  • 2 – 3 LISS sessions (45 min walk / cardio)
  • 1 stretch session
Week 5-8
  • 2 – 3 sessions resistance training (the BBG workouts)
  • 4 - 5  LISS sessions (45 min walk / cardio)
  • 1 stretch session
Week 9 – 12
  • 3 – 4 sessions resistance training (the BBG workouts)
  • 2 - 3 LISS sessions (45 min walk / cardio)
  • 1-2 HIIT sessions (High intensity cardio training)
  • 1 – 2 stretch session
When you struggle with eating healthy, Kayla also provides a HELP food guide. I’m not going to follow this meal plan because I know what I need to do to eat healthy. Everyone who struggles with eating healthy, this is a really great option. Kayla explains very thoroughly what are good food options and what not. She also includes some recipes to give you some ideas. Another idea, if you like to watch your calorie intake, is to use the app (free) MyFitnessPal. Attention, if u do the BBG make sure that your calorie intake is high enough! You’re working out a lot and your body needs enough “fuel” to keep up with that. I’m not a dietician nor a doctor, so when in doubt contact them.

Interested in following my footsteps and those of millions of other women out there?  You can buy the Kayla BBG guide overhere. These are E-books, so you’ll receive them immediately! I printed mine out to make it easier to view whilst doing the exercises.

The reason why #Kaylasarmy (as they call themselves) is this huge is thanks to social media. You can follow other BBG girls on Instagram. Everyone posts progress pictures (not sure if I’ll do that), healthy recipes,… every BBG girl encourages another, so you won’t quit and keep on going. I also created an Instagram account for my BBG journey: S_bbg2015 so go follow me over there!
Fingers crossed I’ll make it through the 12 weeks!

Will you be joining me in this (new) Fitness journey?

XO S.

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.