Friday, 11 September 2015

Fitness Friday Week 1


WEEK 1 => 31/08/2015 until 06/09/2015

Last Friday you could read my intro in to my new fitness routine. A week had passed and here’s how it went… I had completly forgotten why #DEATHBYKAYLA was so trending in Instagram… really after my first resistance session last week my legs where shaking and my head was as red as 10 tomatoes :-). At that point I remembered what the next 12 weeks were going to look like ! Honestly it isn’t that appealing at the moment, no pain no gain right? Hopefully I’ll start “liking” these exercises more as time passes by. I have no problems with the LISS exercises, I always was a cardio bunny. 

On Friday morning I did Legs & Cardio...on Friday afternoon the soreness began... And guess what? I was sore from Friday untill Wednesday! I literally could barely walk! The whole weekend was hel :-( This is the reason why I had only 1 resistance workout for week 1. that means that I'll have to start over again... RESTART BBG week 1 next week is the only option to do it right and to start a routine.

When did I work out and what did I do?

  • Monday: LISS -  50 minutes of Hypoxi (burned kcal: 292)
  • Tuesday: LISS – 60 minutes of walking the treadmill with 12% incline at 5 km/h (burned kcal: 373)
  • Friday: BBG Legs & Cardio - 28 minutes (burned kcal 223)
  • Saturday 60 minutes of Formostar (Your packed in heat pack, I tought this might help for my soreness, unfortunately...)
As you can see, in the beginning of the week I was putting my BBG of, I guess I was a bit scared and I was right about that. The term #DEATHBYKAYLA is real after all. Due to my extreme soreness I'll be restarting with BBG week 1. After all it's about keeping up with this new lifestyle and not about torturing yourself :-)

As for my food, it wasn’t always as clean as it should be, but then again you still have to enjoy your life! I had 1 glass of Prosecco on Thursday and some sweets on Tuesday because we went to the movies and I’m just a sucker for those sweets :-D

I’ve ordered the book: Everyday Detox and hopefully this will give me some ideas/recipes to eat as clean as possible. I did discover “Oven baked Fajita’s” last week and been lovin them! Wanna try them as well? Here's the recipe (serves 4 persons):

Ingredients 
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 1 red onion, cut into thin strips 
  • Whole wheat tortillas
  • Shredded lettuce
  • Shredded cheese
  • Cilantro
  • Sour cream
  • Salsa
  • Lime wedges

Instructions
 Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Add olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to a large Ziploc bag. Add chicken strips, peppers, and onion to the bag. Coat completely. Spread the chicken and vegetables in a single layer on the pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.

Serve on tortillas and add lettuce, cheese, cilantro, sour cream and salsa. Spritz with lime.




You’ll have around 2 Fajita’s a person, and that was sufficient, and oh so good! :-)

If you like to know more about my eating habits & fitness routine follow me on Instagram: S_BBG2015 !

Are you also starting BBG? Will you make the fajita’s?

XO S.

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.